powered by Surfing Waves

Our Salvation has a necessary requirement that Jesus be sinless so his blood will be "precious"

Jesus’ sinlessness was necessary for our salvation.
   
I was searching my Quickverse Platinum bible software library for references to 1 Peter and this came up in the search results:


CONCISE THEOLOGY: A GUIDE TO HISTORIC CHRISTIAN BELIEFS

J.I. PACKER Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. WHEATON, ILLINOIS

JESUS CHRIST WAS ENTIRELY FREE FROM SIN

He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.

1 PETER 2:22

Had he not been “a lamb without blemish or defect” his blood would not have been “precious” (1 Pet. 1:19). He would have needed a savior himself, and his death would not have redeemed us. His active obedience (perfect lifelong conformity to God’s law for mankind, and to his revealed will for the Messiah) qualified Jesus to become our Savior by dying for us on the cross. Jesus’ passive obedience (enduring the penalty of God’s broken law as our sinless substitute) crowned his active obedience to secure the pardon and acceptance of those who put their faith in him (Rom. 5:18-19; 2 Cor. 5:18-21; Phil. 2:8; Heb. 10:5-10).    [1]



If you are new to this concept, and you would like to make a commitment of your heart to Jesus Christ, the one I have been sharing about who was a lamb without blemish or defect, who's blood was given so that by dying for us on the cross, whoever believes and trusts in Him as Savior will be saved; then simply pray this prayer.


THE SINNER'S PRAYER (BY DR. RAY PRITCHARD)

Lord Jesus, for too long I’ve kept you out of my life. I know that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. No longer will I close the door when I hear you knocking. By faith I gratefully receive your gift of salvation. I am ready to trust you as my Lord and Savior. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for coming to earth. I believe you are the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day. Thank you for bearing my sins and giving me the gift of eternal life. I believe your words are true. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and be my Savior. Amen.[2]
Appendix /  Bibliography

[1]CONCISE THEOLOGY: A GUIDE TO HISTORIC CHRISTIAN BELIEFS
J.I. PACKER Date: July 31, 2008 Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. WHEATON, ILLINOIS

[2]https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/prayer/prayers/the-sinners-prayer-4-examples.html  


Brought to you by Rick Livermore https://yachtsman220.blogspot.com/ 
Sun Valley C C 20271 E Rittenhouse Rd, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, USA
 Celebrate Recovery 
Monday nights in Tempe, 
Thursday nights in Gilbert, 
Friday nights in Queen Creek 


   

No comments: